Tuesday, August 07, 2007
The Clash: Day 2
Woke up early.... again.... 6:30. Got a shower.... read from Matthew, then went off to breakfast.

Today I was the "tech help guy", which means I just helped set up the projector. I had to be at the lectures early too. But, it was fun.

The first three lectures were given by Dr. Iain Duguid. The first one was on Science and Theology, and the relationship they share. He got into presupositions and the role they play in the pursuit of science, and how a belief in God was key in that. After a break, he moved on to Intelligent Design (ID). He described the arguments for ID of three men who opposed Darwin and were for ID, then moved on to the limits of ID, the value of ID, and how we (as Christians) should respond to it.

After a break for lunch, we had a group discussion, then went back to hear Dr. Duguid speak on "Techno Sapiens" or genetic manipulation. He compared the difference between healing what is sick and surpassing what is healthy. I didn't completely agree with what he said, but he had some great points. I actually had a more conservative view towards it than he did, but perhaps I'll discuss that later. He ended by saying that we want to be pneuma-sapiens, or "spirit people". People who are "serving Jesus while we wait for His return."

we then went, and played basketball against the Buckley's group. We ended up winning, so it was fun... hahaha... then off to dinner.

After dinner, Nathan Sasser spoke on the Doctrine of Revelation, how God is revealed, or reveals Himself to us. He spoke about both Natural (or General) Revelation and Supernatural (or Special) Revelation. He also went into the inspiration and inerrancy of scripture.

After another short break, Nathan came back to speak on Epistematology, and disproved Descartes' arguments to show that we must start with God as a basis for our knowlege in order to get a correct worldview. (a wordview consisting of 3 elements: God, Self (or Man), and the World) This lecture basically showed that you can't start with Self as the foundation. I wasn't sure about this message and I spoke to Nathan about it later tonight. He was very hmble, and said that I had to hold scripture above anything he said, but that this was the way he understood it. I really like Nathan, he's really humble, and incredibly smart.

I met with my group (again, led bby Brent Detwiler) and we spent much of our time discussing the cannon of scripture (since Nathan didn't have time to go through everything).

I went back to my dorm and went to Steve and Chris's room where we hung out (with Drew) and talked about the lectures. Great times. Tomorrow I'm breakfasting with Steve so we can finish our discussion.

I'm having a great time. There's so much information each day, and we're so busy... but I wish I could get so much more into it. I could probably fill several semesters with these topics. I so wish I could learn more about them. We still have so much more that I'm looking forward to.

But, I'm off to bed. Goodnight. Dan's already asleep. Another early morning....

Wish you all could be here.

spoke at : 9:11 PM

0 comments
ME

I am Na.
I love Jesus.
I love family.
I love friends.
I love music.
I love visitors.
Thanks for coming by!

FRIENDS

Daniel
Anne
Katy
Sacha
Isaac


LINKS

My Myspace
Radi8
New Attitude
The Rebelution


ARCHIVES

March 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
August 2007
April 2009
August 2009
January 2010



MUSIC




CREDITS

Brushes: H-G
Designer: I

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24418864\x26blogName\x3dI+am+Na\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://iamna.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://iamna.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4690321634556078095', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>