Tuesday, March 27, 2007
You may have killed God, but my God lives
So, I was walking to the Commons at school, heading up to where my friends hang out, when I saw it written in chalk on a wall.

"They condemn what they don't understand."
This was originally said by Marcus Tullius Cicero. As I read it, I wasn't sure what to think. Growing up, I was always against "being judged" or "judging others".... but it seems that more and more I begin to question that. It's not that I think that we should condemn or judge everything that we don't understand, or even disagree with. But, have we taken tolerance too far? Should everything be acceptable? Should people be allowed to live however they want, to act in any way that they please?
Obviously, this is impossible. The desires of one often cross those of others. Our laws keep us from harming each other.
But, is that all that our laws have become? Are they simply there to guarantee the rights of people? A part of me is okay with this.... But a part of me is asking what ever happened to the morality of our laws?
Have we become the madmen that Nietzsche spoke of? Have we killed God?
As our society moves away from religion, the morality that goes with it is pointless. What are we left with? People's rights? Where do they come from? Is anything wrong? Are we to become gods, making our own truths?
Where are we to go from this? What's the next step? I'm afraid to think of where we will be in forty or fifty years. When even truth is subjective, what is impossible?
This is my comfort: my God is not dead.... and my Savior was dead, but is now alive! I know the Truth. My feet are upon the Rock. What do I have to fear?

spoke at : 6:37 AM

0 comments
ME

I am Na.
I love Jesus.
I love family.
I love friends.
I love music.
I love visitors.
Thanks for coming by!

FRIENDS

Daniel
Anne
Katy
Sacha
Isaac


LINKS

My Myspace
Radi8
New Attitude
The Rebelution


ARCHIVES

March 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
August 2007
April 2009
August 2009
January 2010



MUSIC




CREDITS

Brushes: H-G
Designer: I

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24418864\x26blogName\x3dI+am+Na\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://iamna.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://iamna.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4690321634556078095', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>