Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Single's Retreat 2006
Okay, so we just had the single's retreat this past weekend. The theme was "His Presence"... which I thought was kinda vague..... I was kinda like, "why can't they talk about girls or lust or the spiritual disiplines, or something that would be good for me to hear..... but.... God's so great! God used the messages to speak to all those areas of my life, as well as many other areas....

C. B. Eder gave three of the four messages. Man, I love the guy. I got to eat lunch with him, and hang out afterwards with him. He was so encouraging with the things I have going on.... everything from finding a wife to just worrying about where God is taking me.

While preparing for a message, he read about David's Mighty Men (1 chronicles 11 or 2 Samuel 23).... he got all pumped up about it, and even made an encouragement before one of his messages about it.... that we should be mighty men for God and all.... But, we joked about it.... He was like, we already know what Jesus has done, and are greatful for it..... but, we need to ask ourselves.... W.W.B.D..... What Would Benaiah Do?.... and he was like, "imagine going up to a guy like Benaiah and being like 'I'm just having trouble sharing the gospel with this guy at work... I'm just worrying what he would think of me.' and Beniah would be like, 'Don't even talk to me about that... go over there'. I just want to be able to look Benaiah in the eyes when I get to heaven."

So.... we played tackle football with another church and some of the people that worked there. During the game, we joked about W.W.B.D. We all laughed, when C. B., after tackling someone and ripping their shirt, wrapped the piece of the shirt left in his hands around his head as a "trophy" to his "great exploit"..... it was a nice tackle....

Afterwards, we went to his room to get a shower (because we had all checked out, but they had let him keep his room, so he could take a nap, since he was driving home that night).... and it was great, there were about eight of us waiting for the shower, just hanging out, talking about our "great football exploits" and having a great time of fellowship with him.

Anyways, during the last message, Jimmy had a sense that there were people who were "In darkness" and depressed and "feeling alone" and stuff..... He asked them to raise their hands, and I did.... because I've been struggling with feeling depressed and stuff for a while.... and it was great.... I looked around, and I was surrounded by people who I knew loved me.... people that God had given me.... and as they prayed for me, I just felt God's love for me... Then C. B. came over and he had a word for me.... He shared about God having a special plan for me, that this was a turning point in my life, and about a few different things that I was facing..... it was so encouraging. Afterwards, I went up and had him pray for me for something in particular that he mentioned in his word for me.

So, I've come home encouraged... and motivated. I feel a genuine love for God, at a level I haven't felt for a long time... a desire to be in the word, and to have a genuine, personal relationship with Jesus... I have a passion to live for him.

However, there are a few things that I have kinda given up for a while.... I felt while I was there, that if I wanted lasting change, then I would have to make some changes..... there are certain changes that I feel like God wants me to make..... I know that they won't be easy, and some things I didn't think I could ever give up.... It's funny.... I know it will be hard, but I feel so much love for God that it doesn't seem as important or hard as I always thought it would be..... but, it still is hard.....

And, I'm back in real life now, and I know that it's going to be hard to change things and to keep them changed, and I know my flesh is going to fight.... but, WWBD? so.... I'm looking forward to see what God has for me. I really expect this to be a turning point in my life.... a time that I will point back to and up to God for.

Sorry this was so long.... But, God did alot!

spoke at : 11:20 AM

2 comments
ME

I am Na.
I love Jesus.
I love family.
I love friends.
I love music.
I love visitors.
Thanks for coming by!

FRIENDS

Daniel
Anne
Katy
Sacha
Isaac


LINKS

My Myspace
Radi8
New Attitude
The Rebelution


ARCHIVES

March 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
August 2007
April 2009
August 2009
January 2010



MUSIC




CREDITS

Brushes: H-G
Designer: I

<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d24418864\x26blogName\x3dI+am+Na\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://iamna.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://iamna.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4690321634556078095', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>